Grub Loading stage 2 trouble Shooting
I’ve got dual Linux OS, one is FC8, and another one is Gentoo, today when i booting my PC, i got an error msg about:"Grub Loading stage 2"
Here are one solutions
boot with FC8 DVD/CD
1. chroot /mnt/sysimage/
2. grub-install /dev/sdc (wherever yr harddisk is)
if u get no error message, then it should work for u.
my problem caused by
after emerging grub, heres the information you need to take care
* *** IMPORTANT NOTE: you must run grub and install
* the new version’s stage1 to your MBR. Until you do,
* stage1 and stage2 will still be the old version, but
* later stages will be the new version, which could
* cause problems such as an unbootable system.
thus, u need to run following commends
1.grub –no-floppy (without floppy)
3.grub&gt; setup (hd0)
Checking if "/boot/grub/stage1" exists… yes
Checking if "/boot/grub/stage2" exists… yes
Checking if "/boot/grub/e2fs_stage1_5" exists… yes
Running "embed /boot/grub/e2fs_stage1_5 (hd0)"… 16 sectors are embedded.
Running "install /boot/grub/stage1 (hd0) (hd0)1+16 p (hd0,0)/boot/grub/stage2